Search Engine Optimization/Optimizer (SEO) is the methodology of strategies, techniques and tactics used to increase traffic from the free, organic, editorial or natural search results on search engines (SERPs) like Google, Bing and Yahoo by obtaining a high-ranking placement. In this section of a search results it includes web pages and content like videos or local listings. These results are ranked according to what is considered relevant to the search engine's users. This section is different from the paid search ads section.
SEO helps to ensure that a site is accessible to a search engine and improves the chances that the site will be found by the search engine.
Local Search Engine Optimization focuses on increasing the ranking of web pages for local searches. Local Search is of more and more importance to entrepreneurs and business owners as potential customers are searching locally to buy from local businesses like restaurants, home improvement companies, salons, barber shops, dentist and doctors.
For businesses that are looking to be found online, it is vital to rank high for specific keywords while potential clients and customers are searching locally on their computers, tablets and smartphones.
Here are some statistics about local search:
- 87% of people who search for a local business call or go to that type of local business within 24 hours (Local Vox)
- 16% of customers will go to a competitor if your listing information is wrong (Local Vox)
- Over 83% of local searches have Google’s map on it, a directory that they call Google+Local (Local Vox)
- Over 50% of local searches are done on local and mobile directories, not search engines (Local Vox)
- 4 out of 5 buyers search online to find local information.
- Consumers use smartphones, computers, and tablets in order to find out store location, product availability in the store, business hours, and other locations.(Google)
- 50% of buyers who searched for local store information on their phone visited the store within a day, and 34% who searched on a computer or a tablet did the same. (Google)
- Searching locally lead to more purchases than those who searched non-local places. 18% of local searches on a phone lead to purchases within a day versus 7% of non-local searches. (Google)
- 4 out of 5 buyers prefer ads that are customized to their zip code, city, or surrounding area. (Google)
- More than 60% of buyers have used location information from ads. Their reasoning being that it’s vital to have a store address and phone number in ads as well as directions and the call button. (Google)
- 55% of purchase-related conversions occur within 1 hour of the initial mobile search (Google)
- Restaurants with 3.5 stars on Yelp are 63% more likely to be full then those with just 3 stars – a half star difference! (UK Guardian)
Contact us today for a consultation to help your business show up on major search engines and we can run a FREE listing report for you.